Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Baby Showers and Crib

Some ladies from our ward threw us a baby shower. It was so much fun, especially since we're still getting to know everyone. This was a great chance to visit and get to know people. :)




One of the ladies in the ward gave us this blanket with lobsters on it, because she knows we won't be down here permanently, so she wanted us to take a bit of culture with us. :) It's awesome!


We got a lot of diapers from the ward members, and are SO grateful for that. It is going to help so much!!
Later, my Aunt Sammi threw me a shower. She was funny because the very minute I told her I was pregnant, she started planning the shower. She loves throwing any kind of showers, and this one was so much fun! All of our family out here was invited as well as some long time friends of my Grandma's.

I have to agree with Sammi that one of the best parts of any shower is the punch! This one was no exception. I had probably 4 or 5 servings :)
Me and Aunt Bobbi
Grandma Rhoda and Stacy
Jessica and Me (notice the cup of punch in my hand)
Uncle Rich and Stacy

Grandma and her friends chatting around the table :)

Shelly and Janice
Proof that Joseph was in attendance. :)
Aunt Bobbie took me to pick out the colors for this afghan that she has been making for all the new babies a few months ago, and I finally got to see it. :) Of course I had to pick Orange & Blue. The green is because alligators are green. :)
We loved this onsie, SO AWESOME!

mmmm cake!


So, it was a fun day of parties, family and friends. We're so grateful to everyone who came and gave us so much love and support! This baby is going to have a plethera of people surrounding him with love. We definitely miss our family and friends back in Utah but are grateful we live here in Southern Florida close to other family and friends, especially during this time!
Last night, we decided it was time to use some of the gift cards we received from our shower in Utah, which we'd been holding onto until we got closer to B-Day. We went and bought a crib and bedset (among other things) but I had to post the pictures of Tyler putting it up, as well as show off the end result. :) So cute!

Perfect fit!



Another doctors appointment tomorrow.... In the meantime, we're just waiting and walking and working and waiting. :)

1 comment:

Marissa said...

your crib looks just like mine. Could you tell me where you got it? My 2 year old broke a part on mine, and I got it second hand so I have no clue where to go for the replacement part. You are the cutest pregnant lady ever by the way!

Welcome!