Wednesday, October 14, 2009

3D Ultrasound

A couple in our ward called and offered us a free 3D Ultrasound so last night we went and had it done. It was pretty dang cool, even though our baby was stubborn and wouldn't move his face so we could see it better. He also had one or both hands in front of his face too. Poor guy is pretty squished in my belly, and he had one foot up by his face and one right in my ribs.
Anyway, here are some pics. I'll try and give you a good idea what you're looking at too, cause some of the pictures make it look like he's a Klingon or something but it's just distortion from all the layers we're looking through, etc.

The bubbly looking stuff is just distortion from the umbilical cord, among other things, like placenta, etc. If that's gross, sorry, but it is what it is :) These pics are really just of his face, so you can see a squished nose, his cheek, and his mouth is kinda smiling.
On this one, you can see his face isn't quite as squished as it was above, but his little hand is above his left eye casting a shadow. below his hand is more umbilical cord, of course, but i like this one cause you can see his mouth pretty good.
OK this one is hillarious cause he looks all squished and distorted, but it looks like he was sticking his tongue out.
LOTS of distortion on this one, but a very cute smile also. And a very squished nose.
Anyway, our friend said that our baby was actually one of the most difficult ones he's tried to get pictures of in a while, but it usually works a little better a few weeks earlier in the pregnancy. So, he's pretty squished in there. But really it was just fun to see him in there movin' around and stuff. We'll get to see what he REALLY looks like anytime now. And I have some fun pictures to show off at some baby showers this saturday!
I did get scolded today by some friends for not having my bag packed for the hospital. I forget sometimes how close the due date is, and at the same time I feel like it's SO close! 3 weeks... I'll get that bag packed asap.
Also, I start my weekly doctor visits tomorrow.

Tyler is doing really well with school he has done well on his tests and assignments so far, and really likes the botany class that he's in. That's a good thing, because botany is a huge part of his major. :) He has 3 tests this week, so he's a busy boy!

That's the update for now!

3 comments:

Bronwyn James said...

those are so great! you can really see what he looks like! My favorite is the tongue one. :)

Unknown said...

Ohhh so cute. Can't wait to see the little guy. Ultra Sounds have come along ways since my babies. So Cool!!!

Brett and AnnJillene said...

ha ha McKenna hs not had a baby yet. I didn't know we were on her account. But she loved the pics to. So cute.

Welcome!