Monday, September 24, 2012

Pinterest recipes

Last week I tried 2 Pinterest recipes. Idk what got into me, I had pinned a lot of foods but never actually wrote the recipes and made them for my family before. I wasn't disappointed, so I am definitely going to try more. I picked them because they looked so EASY and I had all the ingredients in my home already!

Here is the first:
Crescent Pepperoni Roll-Ups
1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
40 slices turkey pepperoni
4 pieces of mozzarella string cheese, cut in half
garlic powder
pizza sauce

Preheat oven to 375.

Unroll crescent rolls and separate into 8 triangles. Place 5 slices of turkey pepperoni on each crescent roll. Top pepperoni with string cheese half and roll up. Sprinkle crescent rolls with garlic powder. Place rolls on baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with a side of warm pizza sauce.

www.plainchicken.com


Here is the other:
Ingredients
2 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
4 cups Cooked Brown Rice
¾ cups Frozen Corn
15 ounces, fluid Can Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed
1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (or Sour Cream)
4 ounces, fluid Can Green Chilis
½ cups Salsa
1 cup Low-fat Cheddar Cheese, Plus More For Topping
2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro For Garnish

Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for cilantro and mix thoroughly to combine. Make sure the yogurt and cheese are stirred in throughout the entire bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Transfer to an oven-safe dish and top with extra cheese if you would like. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through. Garnish with chopped cilantro.


The rice recipe could EASILY be cut in half. Mine actually made a ton of food, so I put 1/2 in a bag in the freezer for another day and baked the other half for that evening. Tyler liked it, Nicholas did not.

No comments:

Welcome!