Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day 2015

Tyler had a fluke holiday off because of all stars aligning. So he took Nick with him to go golfing this morning. This is just about as amazing as anything can get:


While they were golfing, I took the twins to help me pick out a cantaloupe and grapes and Popsicles to take with us to the beach. We packed up everything, and drove down to meet the other boys at the beach. When we got to Naples Beach, we found that it was full. Like, officially- with signs and traffic cops and everything. 
So we drive up to Bonita and it was full too. We were just about to call it, and head to our pool instead - when I remembered a nice family in our ward who lives right there, and they had given me their number to call if we ever wanted to use their beach. We were right there, so I called , and they saved our beach day. :)




The best part: look how NOT crowded we were :)
So, I found this starfish- crawling on my leg. I couldn't see it totally clearly at the time so I quietly (and very quickly) made Tyler inspect. He pulled it out so that I could see that it wasn't some kind of Sea Spider. Will tried to feed it seaweed. 

I'm actually still not convinced that it isn't some spider-relative. But all of that aside- everyone continued to have a blast. My little beach babies are pretty bold. I had to force Will to put on his water-wings so I could relax just a little. 








We headed home around 2:30 so that we could get ready for the Ward cookout at 4, and the babies were pretty well spent. They fell asleep in the car, and I'm such a sucker for sleeping babies (ok toddlers...)



We hope you had a pleasant Memorial Day, and we especially want to thank those who have fought and sacrificed for the many freedoms we are blessed with today. 

No comments:

Welcome!