Saturday, March 16, 2013

To Moms

I am sort of fired up about this.

People! Stop judging each other, and try encouraging each other instead! One thing I have found about other moms of twins is that usually when I meet a new one randomly (at a mall, or park, or dr office) one of the first things they do is offer me words of encouragement. "You are doing a great job!" Even though they don't know me, and they don't know about my mothering successes, and breakdowns, they get it.

Where is this coming from? Well, some person decided to write a well-meant reminder to moms everywhere on their "iPhones." If you haven't read it, and decide you want to, do so at your own risk. In my opinion all it does is serves up a big fat dish of guilt that I just don't have time for. This person wrote a response to it that is much more worth reading:

http://growinginashrinkingculture.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/in-defense-of-the-iphone-mom/

If you are still in a reading mood, this is another great post by someone that I think EVERYONE can benefit from:

http://www.stevewiens.com/2013/03/12/to-parents-of-small-children-let-me-be-the-one-who-says-it-out-loud/

Now excuse me while I go take my daily dose of Zoloft.

No comments:

Welcome!